Chards Level Crossing
Chards Level Crossing Location Map
Chards Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3345 / 51°20'4"N
Longitude: -1.8188 / 1°49'7"W
OS Eastings: 412717
OS Northings: 159499
OS Grid: SU127594
Mapcode National: GBR 4Y3.8Z2
Mapcode Global: VHB4K.FQ9C
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Chards Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Chards
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Manningford CP
- Postcode: SN9 5PE
- Route: Western
- ELR: BHL
- Distance: 77 miles 42 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2014
- Next assessment due: October 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 110 mph
- Trains per day: 58
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
UK Parliament Constituency: Devizes
Civil Parish/community: Manningford
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Pewsey Vale
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.