Chawleigh Week Level Crossing
Chawleigh Week Level Crossing Location Map
Chawleigh Week Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.9039 / 50°54'13"N
Longitude: -3.8854 / 3°53'7"W
OS Eastings: 267527
OS Northings: 113294
OS Grid: SS675132
Mapcode National: GBR KZ.R7J9
Mapcode Global: FRA 26RQ.84P
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Chawleigh Week Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Chawleigh Week
- Crossing Type: Private User Worked Crossing
- Location: Chawleigh CP
- Postcode: EX187JX
- Route: Western
- ELR: NDN
- Distance: 195 miles 29 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2013
- Next assessment due: March 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55 mph
- Trains per day: 28
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Central Devon
Civil Parish/community: Chawleigh
County Council: Devon County Council
District Council: Mid Devon District Council
European Region: South West
District Council Ward: Taw Vale
County Council Electoral Division: Willand and Uffculme
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.