Chittering Level Crossing
Chittering Level Crossing Location Map
Chittering Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.3066 / 52°18'23"N
Longitude: 0.2237 / 0°13'25"E
OS Eastings: 551705
OS Northings: 269940
OS Grid: TL517699
Mapcode National: GBR M7L.9CX
Mapcode Global: VHHJR.T9M2
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Chittering Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Chittering
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Waterbeach CP
- Postcode: CB5 9LR
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: BGK
- Distance: 64 miles 23 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2015
- Next assessment due: October 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph (up)
90 mph (down)
- Trains per day: 186
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: Cambridgeshire County Council
European Region: Eastern
District Council: South Cambridgeshire District Council
UK Parliament Constituency: South East Cambridgeshire
Civil Parish/community: Waterbeach
County Council Electoral Division: Waterbeach
District Council Ward: Waterbeach
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.