Clappers Lane Level Crossing
Ferring, West Sussex
Clappers Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Clappers Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.8168 / 50°49'0"N
Longitude: -0.4508 / 0°27'2"W
OS Eastings: 509229
OS Northings: 103065
OS Grid: TQ092030
Mapcode National: GBR GL2.LW1
Mapcode Global: FRA 96YY.25Y
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Clappers Lane Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Clappers Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Ferring CP
- Postcode: BN125RU
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: BLI1
- Distance: 13 miles 72 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2014
- Next assessment due: September 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 184
- 8 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - 2 incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council: Arun District Council
County Council Electoral Division: East Preston and Ferring
Civil Parish/community: Ferring
District Council Ward: Ferring
European Region: South East
County Council: West Sussex County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Worthing West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.