Claxby Gatehouse Level Crossing
Claxby Gatehouse Level Crossing Location Map
Claxby Gatehouse Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.4485 / 53°26'54"N
Longitude: -0.3502 / 0°21'0"W
OS Eastings: 509662
OS Northings: 395902
OS Grid: TF096959
Mapcode National: GBR TXZK.ZJ
Mapcode Global: WHGH3.LLF5
- Name: Claxby Gatehouse
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Claxby CP
- Postcode: LN8 3YP
- Route: London North East
- ELR: NOB3
- Distance: 22 miles 7 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2012
- Next assessment due: March 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 36
- 135 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2012), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2012), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2012), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Large Numbers of HGVs
- Current protection arrangements:
- Half barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
Civil Parish/community: Claxby
European Region: East Midlands
UK Parliament Constituency: Gainsborough
County Council: Lincolnshire County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Market Rasen Wolds
District Council: West Lindsey District Council
District Council Ward: Wold View
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.