Clarbeston Road railway station serves villages such as Clarbeston Road, Clarbeston, Wiston, Walton East and Crundale in Pembrokeshire, Wales. The station, originally named Clarbeston, was opened by the South Wales Railway on 2 January 1854. A direct route to Fishguard Harbour – the Clarbeston Road and Letterston Railway (CR&LR) – was opened by the Great Western Railway on 30 August 1906, and the station at Clarbeston was renamed Clarbeston Road. As part of the CR&LR works, a number of improvements were made to the west of the station for the anticipated increase in goods traffic, but the passenger facilities were not altered because it was intended that Clunderwen would continue to serve as the junction station.
It is an unstaffed station, with shelters on each platform. Trains stop here by request only. The usual service pattern is one train every two hours in each direction, westwards to Milford Haven and eastwards to Manchester Piccadilly via Swansea and Cardiff Central. The branch line to/from Fishguard Harbour railway station diverges here with six direct services each way - three morning, two evening, one night - calling at the station each day Monday to Saturday. There is no direct service on Sundays. See external links for timetable details.
High speed train services ran through Clarbeston Road to Milford Haven until the early 1990s, terminating in 1994. The signal box west of the station now supervises not only the junction between the two routes but also both branches to their respective termini, all of the other boxes on both lines having been closed as part of a 1988 re-signalling scheme that saw control centralised here and colour light signals replace the surviving semaphores.
(Links open in a new window)
|Month||Total Crime||Antisocial Behaviour||Theft from Person||Bicycle Theft||Shoplifting||Robbery||Burglary||Other Theft||Vehicle Crime||Drugs||Weapons||Public Order||Criminal Damage & Arson||Violent Crime||Other Crime|