Clyne Level Crossing
Clyne and Melincourt, Neath Port Talbot
Clyne Level Crossing Location Map
Clyne Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.6921 / 51°41'31"N
Longitude: -3.7341 / 3°44'2"W
OS Eastings: 280233
OS Northings: 200687
OS Grid: SN802006
Mapcode National: GBR H5.4RGC
Mapcode Global: VH5GH.7Q8P
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Clyne Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Clyne
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manually Controlled Gates
- Location: Clyne and Melincourt Community
- Postcode: SA114EL
- Route: Wales
- ELR: VON0
- Distance: 37 miles 34 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
12 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: July 2020
- Next assessment due: October 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 15
- Trains per day: 2
- 108 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Controlled by Signaller
Civil Parish/community: Clyne and Melincourt Community
UK Parliament Constituency: Neath
Welsh Assembly Constituency: Neath
Unitary Authority: Neath Port Talbot Council
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Resolven
Welsh Assembly Region: South Wales West
European Region: Wales
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.