Coachens Level Crossing
Coachens Level Crossing Location Map
Coachens Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3824 / 51°22'56"N
Longitude: 0.744 / 0°44'38"E
OS Eastings: 591043
OS Northings: 168394
OS Grid: TQ910683
Mapcode National: GBR RST.8XY
Mapcode Global: VHKJD.VJ52
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Coachens Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Coachens
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Iwade CP
- Postcode: ME9 8SS
- Route: Kent
- ELR: SEJ2
- Distance: 46 miles 60 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2015
- Next assessment due: September 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 86
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approach in one direction - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
District Council Ward: Bobbing, Iwade and Lower Halstow
Civil Parish/community: Iwade
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Sittingbourne and Sheppey
European Region: South East
District Council: Swale Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Swale Central
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.