Cockwood Level Crossing
Cockwood Level Crossing Location Map
Cockwood Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.6145 / 50°36'52"N
Longitude: -3.446 / 3°26'45"W
OS Eastings: 297794
OS Northings: 80420
OS Grid: SX977804
Mapcode National: GBR P3.84X8
Mapcode Global: FRA 37NF.Z7F
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Cockwood Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Cockwood
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Dawlish CP
- Postcode: EX6 8RG
- Route: Western
- ELR: MLN
- Distance: 203 miles 31 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2014
- Next assessment due: October 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80 mph
- Trains per day: 131
- 8 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
Civil Parish/community: Dawlish
County Council Electoral Division: Dawlish
District Council Ward: Dawlish Central and North East
County Council: Devon County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Newton Abbot
European Region: South West
District Council: Teignbridge District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.