Cold Blow Level Crossing
Cold Blow Level Crossing Location Map
Cold Blow Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.1991 / 51°11'56"N
Longitude: 1.378 / 1°22'40"E
OS Eastings: 636087
OS Northings: 149851
OS Grid: TR360498
Mapcode National: GBR X23.M7L
Mapcode Global: VHLH5.T4T4
- Name: Cold Blow
- Crossing Type: Public Highway User worked Crossing with Minature Stop lights
- Location: Ripple CP
- Postcode: CT149JH
- Route: Kent
- ELR: BME2
- Distance: 92 miles 54 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2015
- Next assessment due: August 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 60
- 8 Vehicles
- 122 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - 3 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Gates Open
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Large Numbers of users
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Dover
District Council: Dover District Council
County Council Electoral Division: Dover North
County Council: Kent County Council
Civil Parish/community: Ripple
European Region: South East
District Council Ward: St Margaret's-at-Cliffe
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.