Colwick Level Crossing
Colwick Level Crossing Location Map
Colwick Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.9509 / 52°57'3"N
Longitude: -1.1162 / 1°6'58"W
OS Eastings: 459477
OS Northings: 339650
OS Grid: SK594396
Mapcode National: GBR LXQ.J9
Mapcode Global: WHDGZ.T3N2
- Name: Colwick
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers CCTV Monitored
- Location: City of Nottingham (B)
- Postcode: NG2 4BD
- Route: Midland and Continental
- ELR: NOB1
- Distance: 1 miles 3 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2014
- Next assessment due: August 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 40 mph
- Trains per day: 137
- 2322 Vehicles
- 324 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 6 incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- RD Visibility
- Crossing Approach
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Train signalling protection
- CCTV monitoring by Signaller
- Full barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Dales
European Region: East Midlands
Unitary Authority: Nottingham City Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Nottingham East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.