Common Lane North Level Crossing
Common Lane North Level Crossing Location Map
Common Lane North Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.4618 / 52°27'42"N
Longitude: 1.5708 / 1°34'14"E
OS Eastings: 642666
OS Northings: 290873
OS Grid: TM426908
Mapcode National: GBR XMD.MXT
Mapcode Global: VHM6K.5DR3
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Common Lane North Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Common Lane North
- Crossing Type: Private User Worked Crossing
- Location: Beccles CP
- Postcode: NR349BL
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK0
- Distance: 109 miles 31 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
13 (Extremely Low)
- Last assessment: November 2020
- Next assessment due:
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 25
- Trains per day: 33
- Infrequent vehicular use
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Beccles
County Council Electoral Division: Beccles
District Council Ward: Beccles North
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Suffolk County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Waveney
District Council: Waveney District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.