Coswarth Level Crossing
Coswarth Level Crossing Location Map
Coswarth Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.3984 / 50°23'54"N
Longitude: -4.9827 / 4°58'57"W
OS Eastings: 188118
OS Northings: 59640
OS Grid: SW881596
Mapcode National: GBR ZK.LVTR
Mapcode Global: FRA 07GZ.SRZ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Coswarth Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Coswarth
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Barriers
- Location: Colan CP
- Postcode: TR8 4QL
- Route: Western
- ELR: NEW
- Distance: 298 miles 48 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2015
- Next assessment due: July 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 30 mph
- Trains per day: 12
- 57 Vehicles
- 5 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Apr-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Colan
Unitary Authority: Cornwall Council
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: St Austell and Newquay
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): St Mawgan and Colan
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.