Coton Level Crossing
Wem Rural, Shropshire
Coton Level Crossing Location Map
Coton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.9055 / 52°54'19"N
Longitude: -2.6857 / 2°41'8"W
OS Eastings: 353979
OS Northings: 334448
OS Grid: SJ539344
Mapcode National: GBR 7L.NVJR
Mapcode Global: WH89W.Q79F
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Coton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Coton
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Wem Rural CP
- Postcode: SY133LJ
- Route: Wales
- ELR: SYC0
- Distance: 18 miles 1 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2020
- Next assessment due: June 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90
- Trains per day: 62
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: North Shropshire
Unitary Authority: Shropshire Council
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Wem
Civil Parish/community: Wem Rural
European Region: West Midlands
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.