Couloch Level Crossing
Landward Caithness, Highland
Couloch Level Crossing Location Map
Couloch Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 58.4 / 58°24'0"N
Longitude: -3.6683 / 3°40'5"W
OS Eastings: 302590
OS Northings: 946948
OS Grid: ND025469
Mapcode National: GBR K69J.JC3
Mapcode Global: WH5CF.M4D8
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Couloch Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Couloch
- Crossing Type: Private Footpath Crossing
- Location: Highland
- Postcode: KW126UR
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: WCK
- Distance: 135 miles 45 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
12 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: January 2014
- Next assessment due: April 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 9
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Infrequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Ross
Unitary Authority: Highland Council
Scottish Parliament Region: Highlands and Islands
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Landward Caithness
European Region: Scotland
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.