Couston Bottom Level Crossing
Steeple Langford, Wiltshire
Couston Bottom Level Crossing Location Map
Couston Bottom Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.1282 / 51°7'41"N
Longitude: -1.9397 / 1°56'22"W
OS Eastings: 404318
OS Northings: 136553
OS Grid: SU043365
Mapcode National: GBR 3Z4.8F5
Mapcode Global: VHB5G.BWFZ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Couston Bottom Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Couston Bottom
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Steeple Langford CP
- Postcode: SP3 4NP
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: SAL
- Distance: 130 miles 16 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2015
- Next assessment due: September 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 84
- 7 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Salisbury
European Region: South West
Civil Parish/community: Steeple Langford
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Till and Wylye Valley
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.