Cow Lane Level Crossing
Colgate, West Sussex
Cow Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Cow Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.0914 / 51°5'28"N
Longitude: -0.2734 / 0°16'24"W
OS Eastings: 521015
OS Northings: 133868
OS Grid: TQ210338
Mapcode National: GBR HJB.HPH
Mapcode Global: FRA B697.KBQ
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Cow Lane Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Cow Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Colgate CP
- Postcode: RH124SA
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: TBH1
- Distance: 34 miles 72 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: August 2015
- Next assessment due: November 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 85 mph
- Trains per day: 162
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Colgate
UK Parliament Constituency: Horsham
District Council: Horsham District Council
District Council Ward: Rusper and Colgate
European Region: South East
County Council Electoral Division: Warnham and Rusper
County Council: West Sussex County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.