Coxs Level Crossing
Bersted, West Sussex
Coxs Level Crossing Location Map
Coxs Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.7999 / 50°47'59"N
Longitude: -0.6628 / 0°39'46"W
OS Eastings: 494330
OS Northings: 100888
OS Grid: SU943008
Mapcode National: GBR FJN.M8R
Mapcode Global: FRA 96HZ.HLR
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Coxs Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Coxs
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Bersted CP
- Postcode: PO229NQ
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: BBR
- Distance: 24 miles 68 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
13 (Extremely Low)
- Last assessment: June 2015
- Next assessment due: January 0001
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 152
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
District Council: Arun District Council
Civil Parish/community: Bersted
District Council Ward: Bersted
UK Parliament Constituency: Bognor Regis and Littlehampton
County Council Electoral Division: Bognor Regis East
European Region: South East
County Council: West Sussex County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.