Crannaford Level Crossing
Crannaford Level Crossing Location Map
Crannaford Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.7553 / 50°45'19"N
Longitude: -3.4012 / 3°24'4"W
OS Eastings: 301256
OS Northings: 96019
OS Grid: SY012960
Mapcode National: GBR P4.3YV3
Mapcode Global: FRA 37R2.YKH
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Crannaford Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Crannaford
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Half Barriers
- Location: Broad Clyst CP
- Postcode: EX5 3BD
- Route: Western
- ELR: BAE2
- Distance: 165 miles 20 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2020
- Next assessment due: May 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 85
- Trains per day: 26
- 189 Vehicles
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Road traffic light signals
- Half barrier equipment
- Audible alarm
District Council Ward: Broadclyst
County Council Electoral Division: Broadclyst and Whimple
Civil Parish/community: Cranbrook
County Council: Devon County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: East Devon
District Council: East Devon District Council
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.