Cut End Level Crossing
Cut End Level Crossing Location Map
Cut End Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3325 / 51°19'57"N
Longitude: 1.2316 / 1°13'53"E
OS Eastings: 625214
OS Northings: 164229
OS Grid: TR252642
Mapcode National: GBR VZ1.D6M
Mapcode Global: VHLGB.9RGV
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Cut End Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Cut End
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Chislet CP
- Postcode: CT7 0LD
- Route: Kent
- ELR: ACR
- Distance: 78 miles 2 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2014
- Next assessment due: December 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 94
- 4 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
District Council: Canterbury City Council
Civil Parish/community: Chislet
County Council Electoral Division: Herne and Sturry
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: North Thanet
District Council Ward: Reculver
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.