Danes Level Crossing
Danes Level Crossing Location Map
Danes Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3922 / 51°23'31"N
Longitude: -1.0094 / 1°0'33"W
OS Eastings: 469022
OS Northings: 166367
OS Grid: SU690663
Mapcode National: GBR B51.PM2
Mapcode Global: VHDX5.G87M
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Danes Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Danes
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: WOKINGHAM (B)
- Postcode: RG7 1JF
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BKE
- Distance: 41 miles 28 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2014
- Next assessment due: December 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 203
- 8 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
Civil Parish/community: Shinfield
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Shinfield South
European Region: South East
UK Parliament Constituency: Wokingham
Unitary Authority: Wokingham Borough Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.