Darkies Level Crossing
Darkies Level Crossing Location Map
Darkies Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.6805 / 50°40'49"N
Longitude: -2.2359 / 2°14'9"W
OS Eastings: 383428
OS Northings: 86784
OS Grid: SY834867
Mapcode National: GBR 21H.CHP
Mapcode Global: FRA 6768.W6G
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Darkies Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Darkies
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Wool CP
- Postcode: BH206HF
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BML2
- Distance: 126 miles 40 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2015
- Next assessment due: January 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 85 mph (up)
80 mph (down)
- Trains per day: 67
- 5 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
County Council: Dorset County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Egdon Heath
District Council: Purbeck District Council
UK Parliament Constituency: South Dorset
European Region: South West
Civil Parish/community: Wool
District Council Ward: Wool
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.