Daws Level Crossing
Daws Level Crossing Location Map
Daws Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.6791 / 50°40'44"N
Longitude: -3.4516 / 3°27'5"W
OS Eastings: 297532
OS Northings: 87613
OS Grid: SX975876
Mapcode National: GBR P3.3WXY
Mapcode Global: FRA 37N8.WMY
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Daws Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Daws
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Woodbury CP
- Postcode: EX3 0PA
- Route: Western
- ELR: EMT
- Distance: 5 miles 51 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2015
- Next assessment due: August 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 50 mph
- Trains per day: 64
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
County Council: Devon County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: East Devon
District Council: East Devon District Council
County Council Electoral Division: Exmouth Halsdon and Woodbury
European Region: South West
Civil Parish/community: Woodbury
District Council Ward: Woodbury and Lympstone
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.