Deal Level Crossing
Deal Level Crossing Location Map
Deal Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2257 / 51°13'32"N
Longitude: 1.3977 / 1°23'51"E
OS Eastings: 637326
OS Northings: 152874
OS Grid: TR373528
Mapcode National: GBR X1Y.060
Mapcode Global: VHMDG.5GR7
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Deal Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Deal
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers
- Location: Deal CP
- Postcode: CT146PS
- Route: Kent
- ELR: BME2
- Distance: 90 miles 43 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2013
- Next assessment due: February 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 69
- 4617 Vehicles
- 567 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2013), - 17 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Sun Glare
- Crossing is near station
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Deal
County Council Electoral Division: Deal
UK Parliament Constituency: Dover
District Council: Dover District Council
County Council: Kent County Council
District Council Ward: North Deal
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.