Dean Level Crossing
West Dean, Wiltshire
Dean Level Crossing Location Map
Dean Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.0424 / 51°2'32"N
Longitude: -1.6351 / 1°38'6"W
OS Eastings: 425681
OS Northings: 127073
OS Grid: SU256270
Mapcode National: GBR 635.FG6
Mapcode Global: FRA 76GC.8V8
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Dean Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Dean
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers CCTV Monitored
- Location: West Dean CP
- Postcode: SP5 1JF
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: RTJ2
- Distance: 88 miles 14 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: August 2015
- Next assessment due: November 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 85 mph
- Trains per day: 77
- 567 Vehicles
- 27 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 3 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Train signalling protection
- CCTV monitoring by Signaller
- Full barrier equipment
- Road traffic light signals
- Audible alarm
UK Parliament Constituency: Salisbury
European Region: South West
Civil Parish/community: West Dean
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Winterslow
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.