Decoy Level Crossing
Decoy Level Crossing Location Map
Decoy Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.8521 / 52°51'7"N
Longitude: -2.9788 / 2°58'43"W
OS Eastings: 334186
OS Northings: 328732
OS Grid: SJ341287
Mapcode National: GBR 76.S8YJ
Mapcode Global: WH89Y.6KSX
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Decoy Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Decoy
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing with Whistleboards
- Location: Whittington CP
- Postcode: SY114LN
- Route: Wales
- ELR: WSJ2
- Distance: 185 miles 66 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
11 (Very Low)
- Last assessment: February 2020
- Next assessment due: May 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90
- Trains per day: 41
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
- Gates or stiles
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (06:00 to 23:59)
UK Parliament Constituency: North Shropshire
Unitary Authority: Shropshire Council
European Region: West Midlands
Civil Parish/community: Whittington
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Whittington
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.