Dedham Level Crossing
Dedham Level Crossing Location Map
Dedham Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.9421 / 51°56'31"N
Longitude: 1.0153 / 1°0'55"E
OS Eastings: 607349
OS Northings: 231367
OS Grid: TM073313
Mapcode National: GBR SMQ.CHD
Mapcode Global: VHKFV.KG30
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Dedham Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Dedham
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Dedham CP
- Postcode: CO7 6BH
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: LTN1
- Distance: 57 miles 77 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 286
- 11 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council: Colchester Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Constable
Civil Parish/community: Dedham
District Council Ward: Dedham and Langham
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Essex County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Harwich and North Essex
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.