Deep Wharf Level Crossing
West Thurrock and South Stifford, Thurrock
Deep Wharf Level Crossing Location Map
Deep Wharf Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.4762 / 51°28'34"N
Longitude: 0.2516 / 0°15'5"E
OS Eastings: 556462
OS Northings: 177655
OS Grid: TQ564776
Mapcode National: GBR W8.N41
Mapcode Global: VHHNV.95V5
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Deep Wharf Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Deep Wharf
- Crossing Type: Private Manned Barriers
- Location: Thurrock (B)
- Postcode: RM191RT
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: TLL
- Distance: 16 miles 68 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph
- Trains per day: 160
- 1809 Vehicles
- 351 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 2 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: Eastern
UK Parliament Constituency: Thurrock
Unitary Authority: Thurrock Borough Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): West Thurrock and South Stifford
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.