Delny Level Crossing
Tain and Easter Ross, Highland
Delny Level Crossing Location Map
Delny Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 57.7254 / 57°43'31"N
Longitude: -4.1081 / 4°6'29"W
OS Eastings: 274547
OS Northings: 872580
OS Grid: NH745725
Mapcode National: GBR J879.DZN
Mapcode Global: WH4FC.V2YY
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Delny Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Delny
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Automatic Open Crossing
- Location: Highland
- Postcode: IV180QW
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: WCK
- Distance: 34 miles 78 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2015
- Next assessment due: February 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 35 mph
- Trains per day: 15
- 378 Vehicles
- 27 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Caithness, Sutherland and Ross
Unitary Authority: Highland Council
Scottish Parliament Region: Highlands and Islands
European Region: Scotland
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Tain and Easter Ross
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.