Denton Village Level Crossing
Upper Denton, Cumbria
Denton Village Level Crossing Location Map
Denton Village Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 54.9815 / 54°58'53"N
Longitude: -2.6011 / 2°36'3"W
OS Eastings: 361628
OS Northings: 565381
OS Grid: NY616653
Mapcode National: GBR BB8V.N1
Mapcode Global: WH910.01NX
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Denton Village Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Denton Village
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manually Controlled Gates
- Location: Upper Denton CP
- Postcode: CA8 7AG
- Route: London North East
- ELR: NEC2
- Distance: 43 miles 65 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: April 2020
- Next assessment due: July 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 50
- Trains per day: 86
- 20 Vehicles
- 6 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2012), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2012), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Nov-2012), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Controlled by Signaller
County Council Electoral Division: Brampton
District Council: Carlisle City Council
County Council: Cumbria County Council
District Council Ward: Irthing
European Region: North West
UK Parliament Constituency: Penrith and The Border
Civil Parish/community: Upper Denton
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.