Dilton Marsh 10 Level Crossing
Dilton Marsh, Wiltshire
Dilton Marsh 10 Level Crossing Location Map
Dilton Marsh 10 Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2605 / 51°15'37"N
Longitude: -2.215 / 2°12'54"W
OS Eastings: 385091
OS Northings: 151286
OS Grid: ST850512
Mapcode National: GBR 1TC.YLT
Mapcode Global: VH978.KLC1
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Dilton Marsh 10 Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Dilton Marsh 10
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Dilton Marsh CP
- Postcode: BA134EL
- Route: Western
- ELR: WEY
- Distance: 110 miles 51 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2014
- Next assessment due: January 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 40 mph
- Trains per day: 92
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approach in one direction - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
Civil Parish/community: Dilton Marsh
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Ethandune
European Region: South West
UK Parliament Constituency: South West Wiltshire
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.