Dixies Level Crossing
Dixies Level Crossing Location Map
Dixies Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.9914 / 51°59'29"N
Longitude: 0.2114 / 0°12'41"E
OS Eastings: 551934
OS Northings: 234864
OS Grid: TL519348
Mapcode National: GBR MCG.09D
Mapcode Global: VHHL9.M63P
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Dixies Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Dixies
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Newport CP
- Postcode: CB113TP
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: BGK
- Distance: 40 miles 59 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: January 2015
- Next assessment due: April 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 130
- 3 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jan-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
European Region: Eastern
County Council: Essex County Council
Civil Parish/community: Newport
District Council Ward: Newport
UK Parliament Constituency: Saffron Walden
County Council Electoral Division: Stansted
District Council: Uttlesford District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.