Dock Lane Level Crossing
Dock Lane Level Crossing Location Map
Dock Lane Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.1025 / 52°6'9"N
Longitude: 1.3326 / 1°19'57"E
OS Eastings: 628336
OS Northings: 250148
OS Grid: TM283501
Mapcode National: GBR WQ6.1RW
Mapcode Global: VHLBQ.1FW2
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Dock Lane Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Dock Lane
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Melton CP
- Postcode: IP121PE
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: ESK0
- Distance: 80 miles 6 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
3 (Very High)
- Last assessment: August 2020
- Next assessment due: October 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 55
- Trains per day: 35
- 295 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of Users
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate Misuse or User Error
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: Eastern
Civil Parish/community: Melton
District Council Ward: Melton
UK Parliament Constituency: Suffolk Coastal
District Council: Suffolk Coastal District Council
County Council: Suffolk County Council
County Council Electoral Division: Wickham
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.