Dowdes Level Crossing
Dowdes Level Crossing Location Map
Dowdes Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2485 / 51°14'54"N
Longitude: -0.2406 / 0°14'26"W
OS Eastings: 522892
OS Northings: 151398
OS Grid: TQ228513
Mapcode National: GBR JHS.L0F
Mapcode Global: VHGS2.SW58
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Dowdes Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Dowdes
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Buckland CP
- Postcode: RH3 7BE
- Route: Sussex
- ELR: RSJ
- Distance: 25 miles 79 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: August 2015
- Next assessment due: November 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 72
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
District Council Ward: Brockham, Betchworth and Buckland
Civil Parish/community: Buckland
County Council Electoral Division: Dorking Rural
UK Parliament Constituency: Mole Valley
District Council: Mole Valley District Council
European Region: South East
County Council: Surrey County Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.