Easterton Level Crossing
Easterton Level Crossing Location Map
Easterton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 57.5938 / 57°35'37"N
Longitude: -3.7789 / 3°46'43"W
OS Eastings: 293767
OS Northings: 857366
OS Grid: NH937573
Mapcode National: GBR K81N.7QQ
Mapcode Global: WH5H7.XDQC
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Easterton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Easterton
- Crossing Type: Private User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Highland
- Postcode: IV125LE
- Route: Scotland
- ELR: ANI3
- Distance: 125 miles 22 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2014
- Next assessment due: August 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 28
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
Unitary Authority: Highland Council
Scottish Parliament Region: Highlands and Islands
Scottish Parliament Constituency: Inverness and Nairn
UK Parliament Constituency: Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Nairn
European Region: Scotland
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.