Eccliffe Level Crossing
Eccliffe Level Crossing Location Map
Eccliffe Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.031 / 51°1'51"N
Longitude: -2.2824 / 2°16'56"W
OS Eastings: 380292
OS Northings: 125773
OS Grid: ST802257
Mapcode National: GBR 0VV.CRK
Mapcode Global: FRA 663D.8N6
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Eccliffe Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Eccliffe
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Gillingham CP
- Postcode: SP8 4SG
- Route: Wessex
- ELR: BAE2
- Distance: 106 miles 1 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: May 2015
- Next assessment due: August 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger
- Line speed: 85 mph
- Trains per day: 47
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (May-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Sun Glare
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: Dorset County Council
Civil Parish/community: Gillingham
District Council Ward: Gillingham Rural
UK Parliament Constituency: North Dorset
District Council: North Dorset District Council
European Region: South West
County Council Electoral Division: Stour Vale
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.