Eggesford Level Crossing
Eggesford Level Crossing Location Map
Eggesford Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 50.8875 / 50°53'14"N
Longitude: -3.8742 / 3°52'27"W
OS Eastings: 268267
OS Northings: 111451
OS Grid: SS682114
Mapcode National: GBR KZ.SJC1
Mapcode Global: FRA 26SR.DJ5
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Eggesford Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Eggesford
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers
- Location: Chawleigh CP
- Postcode: EX187QT
- Route: Western
- ELR: NDN
- Distance: 193 miles 53 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2015
- Next assessment due: October 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 15 mph
- Trains per day: 28
- 1242 Vehicles
- 81 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Central Devon
Civil Parish/community: Chawleigh
County Council: Devon County Council
District Council: Mid Devon District Council
European Region: South West
District Council Ward: Taw Vale
County Council Electoral Division: Willand and Uffculme
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.