Esso Level Crossing
West Thurrock and South Stifford, Thurrock
Esso Level Crossing Location Map
Esso Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.4767 / 51°28'36"N
Longitude: 0.2461 / 0°14'46"E
OS Eastings: 556081
OS Northings: 177697
OS Grid: TQ560776
Mapcode National: GBR W8.LQJ
Mapcode Global: VHHNV.64ZS
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Esso Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Esso
- Crossing Type: Private Estate User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Thurrock (B)
- Postcode: RM191PU
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: TLL
- Distance: 16 miles 49 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2014
- Next assessment due: October 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 45 mph
- Trains per day: 157
- Infrequent Vehicle use
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
European Region: Eastern
UK Parliament Constituency: Thurrock
Unitary Authority: Thurrock Borough Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): West Thurrock and South Stifford
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.