Eyton Level Crossing
Eyton Level Crossing Location Map
Eyton Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.7941 / 52°47'38"N
Longitude: -2.8395 / 2°50'22"W
OS Eastings: 343488
OS Northings: 322169
OS Grid: SJ434221
Mapcode National: GBR 7D.X0R6
Mapcode Global: WH8BD.C139
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Eyton Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Eyton
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Baschurch CP
- Postcode: SY4 2JN
- Route: Wales
- ELR: WSJ2
- Distance: 178 miles 56 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: February 2015
- Next assessment due: May 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 44
- Infrequent Pedestrian Use
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Feb-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Baschurch
UK Parliament Constituency: North Shropshire
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Ruyton and Baschurch
Unitary Authority: Shropshire Council
European Region: West Midlands
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.