Fairfield Level Crossing
Little Bedwyn, Wiltshire
Fairfield Level Crossing Location Map
Fairfield Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3975 / 51°23'50"N
Longitude: -1.5773 / 1°34'38"W
OS Eastings: 429503
OS Northings: 166576
OS Grid: SU295665
Mapcode National: GBR 5YZ.B1V
Mapcode Global: VHC1Y.M40J
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Fairfield Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Fairfield
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Little Bedwyn CP
- Postcode: SN8 3JS
- Route: Western
- ELR: BHL
- Distance: 64 miles 67 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: June 2014
- Next assessment due: August 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 100 mph
- Trains per day: 73
- 4 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jun-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Frequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Burbage and The Bedwyns
UK Parliament Constituency: Devizes
Civil Parish/community: Little Bedwyn
European Region: South West
Unitary Authority: Wiltshire Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.