Fairfields Level Crossing
Downham Market, Norfolk
Fairfields Level Crossing Location Map
Fairfields Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.6086 / 52°36'30"N
Longitude: 0.3671 / 0°22'1"E
OS Eastings: 560381
OS Northings: 303828
OS Grid: TF603038
Mapcode National: GBR N5F.HLZ
Mapcode Global: WHJPS.MP1L
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Fairfields Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Fairfields
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Downham Market CP
- Postcode: PE389SN
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: BGK
- Distance: 86 miles 31 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: August 2015
- Next assessment due: November 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 75 mph
- Trains per day: 76
- 12 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Aug-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Low Sighting Time
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Downham Market
County Council Electoral Division: Downham Market
European Region: Eastern
District Council: King's Lynn and West Norfolk Borough Council
County Council: Norfolk County Council
District Council Ward: North Downham
UK Parliament Constituency: South West Norfolk
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.