Ford Bridge Level Crossing
Ford Bridge Level Crossing Location Map
Ford Bridge Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.1917 / 52°11'30"N
Longitude: -2.7192 / 2°43'9"W
OS Eastings: 350932
OS Northings: 255074
OS Grid: SO509550
Mapcode National: GBR FL.403M
Mapcode Global: VH852.T5BN
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Ford Bridge Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Ford Bridge
- Crossing Type: Public User worked Crossing with Telephone
- Location: Leominster CP
- Postcode: HR6 0PB
- Route: Wales
- ELR: SHL0
- Distance: 40 miles 69 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: October 2020
- Next assessment due: January 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80
- Trains per day: 94
- Infrequent vehicular use
- Infrequent Pedestrian use
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - 1 incident since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
- Telephones provided for vehicle users
- Gates or Barriers
Unitary Authority: Herefordshire Council
Civil Parish/community: Leominster
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Leominster East
UK Parliament Constituency: North Herefordshire
European Region: West Midlands
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.