Furness Vale Level Crossing
Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire
Furness Vale Level Crossing Location Map
Furness Vale Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 53.3489 / 53°20'56"N
Longitude: -1.989 / 1°59'20"W
OS Eastings: 400827
OS Northings: 383558
OS Grid: SK008835
Mapcode National: GBR GYKQ.57
Mapcode Global: WHBBC.F22Z
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Furness Vale Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Furness Vale
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers
- Location: Whaley Bridge CP
- Postcode: SK237QS
- Route: London North West
- ELR: BEJ
- Distance: 8 miles 59 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: July 2014
- Next assessment due: October 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 50 mph
- Trains per day: 65
- 2322 Vehicles
- 270 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - 3 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Jul-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council: Derbyshire County Council
European Region: East Midlands
UK Parliament Constituency: High Peak
District Council: High Peak Borough Council
Civil Parish/community: Whaley Bridge
County Council Electoral Division: Whaley Bridge
District Council Ward: Whaley Bridge
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.