Gabriels Level Crossing
Gabriels Level Crossing Location Map
Gabriels Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.2957 / 51°17'44"N
Longitude: 0.4997 / 0°29'58"E
OS Eastings: 574374
OS Northings: 158141
OS Grid: TQ743581
Mapcode National: GBR PQT.M52
Mapcode Global: VHJM6.MP1L
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Gabriels Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Gabriels
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Maidstone District (B)
- Postcode: ME160LQ
- Route: Kent
- ELR: PWS2
- Distance: 40 miles 41 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2014
- Next assessment due: June 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 70 mph
- Trains per day: 54
- 27 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Low Sighting Time
- Large Numbers of users
- Current protection arrangements:
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (07:00 to 23:00)
District Council Ward: Allington
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Maidstone and The Weald
District Council: Maidstone Borough Council
County Council Electoral Division: Maidstone Central
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.