Gap Level Crossing
Gap Level Crossing Location Map
Gap Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.3752 / 51°22'30"N
Longitude: 1.2735 / 1°16'24"E
OS Eastings: 627917
OS Northings: 169098
OS Grid: TR279690
Mapcode National: GBR VYH.QSY
Mapcode Global: VHLG5.1P3N
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Gap Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Gap
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Birchington CP
- Postcode: CT7 9QT
- Route: Kent
- ELR: VIR
- Distance: 69 miles 44 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: March 2014
- Next assessment due: June 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 90 mph
- Trains per day: 98
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Mar-2014), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
Civil Parish/community: Birchington
County Council Electoral Division: Birchington and Villages
District Council Ward: Birchington South
County Council: Kent County Council
UK Parliament Constituency: North Thanet
European Region: South East
District Council: Thanet District Council
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.