Gatcombe Level Crossing
Gatcombe Level Crossing Location Map
Gatcombe Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.7465 / 51°44'47"N
Longitude: -2.4655 / 2°27'55"W
OS Eastings: 367955
OS Northings: 205413
OS Grid: SO679054
Mapcode National: GBR JX.10J9
Mapcode Global: VH87C.6CXH
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Gatcombe Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Gatcombe
- Crossing Type: Private Footpath Crossing with Whistleboards
- Location: Awre CP
- Postcode: GL154AU
- Route: Wales
- ELR: SWM2
- Distance: 129 miles 61 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: November 2020
- Next assessment due: February 2020
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60
- Trains per day: 97
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Oct-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
- Gates or stiles
- Whistle boards provided on the rail approaches - train horn audible warning given (06:00 to 23:59)
Civil Parish/community: Awre
District Council Ward: Awre
County Council Electoral Division: Blakeney and Bream
UK Parliament Constituency: Forest of Dean
District Council: Forest of Dean District Council
County Council: Gloucestershire County Council
European Region: South West
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.