Gibbs Wharf Level Crossing
West Thurrock and South Stifford, Thurrock
Gibbs Wharf Level Crossing Location Map
Gibbs Wharf Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.475 / 51°28'29"N
Longitude: 0.2975 / 0°17'51"E
OS Eastings: 559656
OS Northings: 177617
OS Grid: TQ596776
Mapcode National: GBR XY.TYS
Mapcode Global: VHHNW.36N3
- Name: Gibbs Wharf
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Thurrock (B)
- Postcode: RM204AP
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: TLL
- Distance: 18 miles 67 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2015
- Next assessment due: December 2017
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph
- Trains per day: 160
- 54 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 1 incident in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - 1 incident since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Frequent Trains
- Sun Glare
- Large Numbers of users
- Current protection arrangements:
European Region: Eastern
UK Parliament Constituency: Thurrock
Unitary Authority: Thurrock Borough Council
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): West Thurrock and South Stifford
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.