Gillingham Level Crossing
Gillingham South, Medway
Gillingham Level Crossing Location Map
Gillingham Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.387 / 51°23'13"N
Longitude: 0.558 / 0°33'28"E
OS Eastings: 578087
OS Northings: 168434
OS Grid: TQ780684
Mapcode National: GBR PPQ.XKY
Mapcode Global: VHJLV.MDCK
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Gillingham Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Gillingham
- Crossing Type: Public Highway Manned Barriers
- Location: Medway (B)
- Postcode: ME7 1YL
- Route: Kent
- ELR: VIR
- Distance: 36 miles 17 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
2 (Very High)
- Last assessment: September 2015
- Next assessment due: December 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 60 mph
- Trains per day: 350
- 6777 Vehicles
- 810 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: 7 incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - 2 incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Large Numbers of users
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Frequent Trains
- Current protection arrangements:
UK Parliament Constituency: Gillingham and Rainham
Unitary Authority Ward (UTW): Gillingham South
Unitary Authority: Medway Council
European Region: South East
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.