Gilston Level Crossing
Gilston Level Crossing Location Map
Gilston Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 51.8479 / 51°50'52"N
Longitude: 0.1615 / 0°9'41"E
OS Eastings: 548981
OS Northings: 218794
OS Grid: TL489187
Mapcode National: GBR LCS.5M7
Mapcode Global: VHHLV.RT79
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Gilston Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Gilston
- Crossing Type: Public Footpath Crossing
- Location: Thorley CP
- Postcode: CM234AS
- Route: Anglia
- ELR: BGK
- Distance: 28 miles 79 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: December 2013
- Next assessment due: March 2016
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 80 mph
- Trains per day: 275
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Dec-2013), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Current protection arrangements:
County Council Electoral Division: Bishop's Stortford Rural
District Council Ward: Bishop's Stortford South
European Region: Eastern
District Council: East Hertfordshire District Council
UK Parliament Constituency: Hertford and Stortford
County Council: Hertfordshire County Council
Civil Parish/community: Thorley
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.