Glanhafren Level Crossing
Glanhafren Level Crossing Location Map
Glanhafren Level Crossing Streetview
Maps are by Google and Open Streetmap. Streetview is by Google. See credits and copyright
for more detail.
Latitude: 52.6336 / 52°38'0"N
Longitude: -3.1431 / 3°8'35"W
OS Eastings: 322733
OS Northings: 304592
OS Grid: SJ227045
Mapcode National: GBR B0.72V5
Mapcode Global: WH79W.P2HC
We don't yet have any user-contributed photos of Glanhafren Level Crossing.
Add a photo
- Name: Glanhafren
- Crossing Type: Private Footpath Crossing
- Location: Welshpool Community
- Postcode: SY218RS
- Route: Wales
- ELR: SBA2
- Distance: 35 miles 50 chains
- Individual risk rating:
- Collective risk rating:
- Last assessment: September 2015
- Next assessment due: December 2018
- Types of trains: Passenger & Freight
- Line speed: 72 mph
- Trains per day: 18
- 2 Pedestrians or Cyclists
- Misuse history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Near-miss history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Accident history: Nil incidents in year prior to assessment date (Sep-2015), - Nil incidents since.
- Key risk factors:
- Deliberate misuse or user error
- Low Sighting Time
- Sun Glare
- Current protection arrangements:
Welsh Assembly Region: Mid and West Wales
UK Parliament Constituency: Montgomeryshire
Welsh Assembly Constituency: Montgomeryshire
Unitary Authority: Powys Council
European Region: Wales
Unitary Authority Electoral Division (UTE): Welshpool Castle
Civil Parish/community: Welshpool Community
- Individual Risk Rating is the risk to invidual users of the crossing.
It is presented as a single letter, with A being the highest risk and M being the lowest.
- Collective Risk Rating is the overall risk of any incident involving any person or vehicle on the crossing,
including train staff and passengers as well as users of the crossing. It is presented as a number, with 1 being the highest risk and 13 being
the lowest. This is the most important rating when prioritising safety measures at level crossings.